Subscribe to Blog via Email
- October ’19 – Net Worth and monthly update #14 £534,406 +£2,030
- 16 year old getting started on FIRE journey – HOW?
- September ’19 – Net Worth and monthly update #13 £532,376 +£11,595
- July ’19 – Net Worth and monthly update #12 £520,781 +£6,563
- June ’19 – Net worth and monthly update #11 £514,218 +£9,687
- 19,667 hits
Tag Archives: pension
Do you get basic rate tax relief (20%) or higher rate tax relief (40%) on your pension contributions? In this post I’ll explain how to blow those figures out of the water and get 150%+ uplift on your pension contributions!
Mr Fu and I have just listened tonight, open-mouthed, to a programme on Radio 4 called Retiring Retirement, which outlined the future for retirement – or rather, the lack of it. With the official retirement age abolished and life expectancy going … Continue reading
In the UK news this week it has been reported that, for a comfortable retirement, people need to save a ‘pension mountain’ of £260,000. Cue the doom-mongers and naysayers. ‘Who could ever hope to save this amount of money?’ Using … Continue reading
Recap – This is step 3 in the process to set up a plan for my son, FU#1, to buy a property and reach FI before he is 40 years old. In step 2 of the plan, we set up an … Continue reading